This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: regex library fails git tests
- From: Mark Levedahl <mlevedahl at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 22:59:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: regex library fails git tests
- References: <ksepor$cag$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <20130721193953 dot GC2661 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 07/21/2013 03:39 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
So, what I did now was this: I added a workaround to Cygwin's regcomp.
If the current codeset is ASCII, the characters in the pattern are
converted to wchar_t by simply using their unsigned value verbatim.
This allows to compile (and test) the patterns in the git testcases.
However, please note that this behaviour, while being provided by glibc
and now by Cygwin, is *not* standards-compliant. In the narrow sense
the characters beyond 0x7f are still invalid ASCII chars, and other
functions working with wchar_t strings won't be as forgiving when using
Thank you. I confirm that git passes the two test cases (t4018 and
t4034) using today's snapshot. I will pass your comments about use of
characters 0x80 and above to the git list to see if they wish to change
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple