This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issue with run.exe and PWD with spaces since last update (Cygwin 1.7.21)
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 17:27:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: Issue with run.exe and PWD with spaces since last update (Cygwin 1.7.21)
- References: <295777180 dot 20130716202913 at mtu-net dot ru> <20130717125916 dot GB21347 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51E69DE2 dot 10008 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <20130717134532 dot GC32258 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51E6A3DB dot 7050605 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <20130717141042 dot GE32258 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51E6A836 dot 80800 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <20130717143340 dot GF32258 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51E6B02B dot 2000902 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <51E6BDC1 dot 4090802 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 7/17/2013 11:52 AM, Charles Wilson wrote:
On 7/17/2013 10:54 AM, Charles Wilson wrote:
On 7/17/2013 10:33 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Can you quickly check if that works? If so, we have a bit less pressure
to fix libcmain.
Seems to work for run2.exe. Stay tuned for checkX.exe and run.exe.
I've uploaded run2-0.4.2-2 as a test release for both 32bit and 64bit.
However, run is more complicated; most of the application code is
actually in WinMain. I've been meaning to refactor it more along the
lines of run2, but never got around to it. Looks like I now have a
reason...but it'll take a bit longer to do, and I won't really have time
to address it until Saturday.
Until then, users of run.exe affected by this problem can use run2.exe
(today's new version) with almost the same effect:
1. create an XML file describing the program you want to launch. Here's
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?>
<Target filename="/usr/bin/mintty.exe" startin="~">
<Arg>-e /bin/bash -!-login</Arg>
2. Make sure all the arguments you want to pass to the target program
are represented in (the|one of the) <Arg /> elements. Be sure that all
sequences of two '-' characters are replaced by -!- (see -!-login, above).
3. Create a shortcut with the following target:
C:\cygwin\bin\run2.exe --debug=3 --notty /cygwin/path/to/your/xml/file
if it doesn't work).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple