This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Issue with run.exe and PWD with spaces since last update (Cygwin 1.7.21)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:09:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: Issue with run.exe and PWD with spaces since last update (Cygwin 1.7.21)
- References: <295777180 dot 20130716202913 at mtu-net dot ru> <20130717125916 dot GB21347 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <14010118879 dot 20130717175449 at mtu-net dot ru>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jul 17 17:54, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
> > On Jul 16 20:29, Andrey Repin wrote:
> >> Greetings, All!
> >> I'm trying to execute a script that was working fine until recent update.
> >> It doesn't crash, just, for some reason, trim the last component of a path.
> >> In a nutshell, the issue is this:
> >> $ mkdir "/a b"
> >> $ cd "/a b"
> >> $ ls -l "$SYSTEMROOT/System32/notepad.exe"
> >> (just to confirm that the file actually exists)
> >> $ run "$SYSTEMROOT/System32/notepad.exe"
> >> Error pops up:
> > This never works, even in any other directory. It's the same problem
> > which disallows checkX to work, as reported in
> > http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-07/msg00326.html
> Now, it doesn't work >.> Worked before, while I was running tests.
> What magic is dat?
None. Never works means, it's independent of the dir name of the CWD.
It just never works. In 1.7.21.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple