This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Troubleshooting AutoSSH
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epamail dot epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 13:34:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: Troubleshooting AutoSSH
- References: <Pine dot BSO dot 4 dot 53 dot 1307111701260 dot 32610 at Mail dot omnitec dot net> <tm1vt8pl995u8nvkpebtmbrc0tq3jjmggh at 4ax dot com> <Pine dot BSO dot 4 dot 53 dot 1307121055000 dot 32610 at Mail dot omnitec dot net>
> debug1: Local connections to LOCALHOST:5661 forwarded to remote address
> debug1: Local forwarding listening on ::1 port 5661.
> <connection attempt fails with "Connection closed by ::1">!!!!
> It looks like the problem is that AutoSSH is binding to IPV6, *NOT*
> IPv4! sshd is set to "AddressFamily inet", .. so the problem appears to be
> that AutoSSH is not binding properly.
> Don't see anything in the man pages or a quick search, .. how would one
> force AutoSSH to bind to IPv4? IPV6 is installed on this box, but not
Hi Lee. Okay, that does seem to narrow it down.
You're right that autossh doesn't have any ipv4 options. It hasn't been
updated in a few years, and I think it's just not ipv6-aware yet.
Does it help if you include the -4 switch to ssh, to force it to use ipv4
only? It's worth a try.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple