This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] New: net-snmp-5.7.2-1
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 10:35:21 -0700
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New: net-snmp-5.7.2-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a widely used protocol
for monitoring the health and welfare of network equipment
(eg. routers), computer equipment and even devices like
UPSs. Net-SNMP is a suite of applications used to implement SNMP v1,
SNMP v2c and SNMP v3 using both IPv4 and IPv6. The suite includes:
* Command-line applications to:
* retrieve information from an SNMP-capable device, either using
single requests (snmpget, snmpgetnext), or multiple requests
(snmpwalk, snmptable, snmpdelta).
* manipulate configuration information on an SNMP-capable device
* retrieve a fixed collection of information from an
SNMP-capable device (snmpdf, snmpnetstat, snmpstatus).
* convert between numerical and textual forms of MIB OIDs, and
display MIB content and structure (snmptranslate).
* A graphical MIB browser (tkmib), using Tk/perl.
* A daemon application for receiving SNMP notifications
(snmptrapd). Selected notifications can be logged (to syslog,
the NT Event Log, or a plain text file), forwarded to another
SNMP management system, or passed to an external application.
* An extensible agent for responding to SNMP queries for
management information (snmpd). This includes built-in support
for a wide range of MIB information modules, and can be extended
using dynamically loaded modules, external scripts and commands,
and both the SNMP multiplexing (SMUX) and Agent Extensibility
* A library for developing new SNMP applications, with both C and
* The snmpd daemon does not provide much useful information.
Installing it as a service under Cygwin is left as an exercise
for the user.
Note that downloads from sourceware.org (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update, please choose the one
nearest to you: http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
David Rothenberger ---- email@example.com
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
-- George Carlin
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple