This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error building cygwin-1_7_18-release from cvs
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 12:51:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: Error building cygwin-1_7_18-release from cvs
- References: <51DA6F79 dot 2070600 at shaddybaddah dot name> <51DA7130 dot 50400 at shaddybaddah dot name>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 05:58:40PM +1000, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
>On 2013-07-08 17:51+1000, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
>> I am encountering an error build cygwin-1_7_18-release from CVS.
>> Before I plunge into that, it might be wise to address why I would want
>> to do that in the first place.
>> I apply a local patch for my own use to the DLL to enable sharing of the
>> install from the host to my VM guest. It has worked for a few years now.
>I should clarify in case of confusion, I am encountering the build error
>without yet having applied the patch that I mention above. I cannot
>build cygwin-1_7_18-release from "pristine" source.
Cygwin 1.7.18 was undoubtedly built with an older version of gcc. We've
made changes to the CVS version to deal with newer compilers.
We only support the current version of Cygwin here. 1.7.18 is two
releases behind at this point.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple