This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Home directory issue
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 11:09:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: Home directory issue
- References: <Pine dot BSO dot 4 dot 53 dot 1307021841380 dot 11994 at Mail dot omnitec dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 7/2/2013 7:50 PM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
After installing Cygwin on a new system that is in a domain, there is
something that is breaking with user setup.
* The user home directory is not getting created
* /usr/loca/bin & /usr/bin are not prepended to PATH
* The user home directory is/cygdrive/Users/<user>,
* The path IS correct in/etc/passwd (/home/<user>)
Is the HOME environment variable set in your Windows environment? If not,
check the postinstall scripts in '/etc/postinstall', paying particular
attention to those that don't end in '.done'. If you have some of these,
run them yourself with 'sh <scriptname>' and then move the script to
'<scriptname>.done' Run the scripts in the order they appear. Otherwise,
if HOME is defined in the Windows environment, just remove the definition.
You may find you have to rerun some of the postinstall scripts to "recover",
particularly '000-cygwin-post-install.sh'. Or you can try wiping the
installation and starting over.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple