This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: MSYS mode (continue)
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 10:49:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: MSYS mode (continue)
- References: <CABEPuQ+jEFJEQt=MGyn5m7Q+Ccs5A-i7vkk0McM=yyoCOw+Kgw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130703181504 dot GA3182 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CABEPuQLW+TQ5VUVSYrCOzQ4Y5fdHNp=ymcb9r+xV7ROyYS=OBA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130703195020 dot GC1705 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51D49188 dot 7000708 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <20130703215716 dot GA1752 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130704083848 dot GJ5118 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On 7/4/2013 4:38 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Jul 3 17:57, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 05:03:04PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
Or is the proposal on the table for the same installation to be usable
in both modes, depending on the nature of the launched application?
That's an interesting idea but I don't think anyone was proposing that.
Any suggestion how this could work?
Badly, now that I think about it. Say you're in cygwin-proper bash
session, and you launch a cygwin-msys-linked exe, or a native tool --
and pass a pathname to it as an argument. How is it interpreted -- using
No, forget I said anything.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple