This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: MSYS mode (continue)
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 18:38:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: MSYS mode (continue)
- References: <CABEPuQ+jEFJEQt=MGyn5m7Q+Ccs5A-i7vkk0McM=yyoCOw+Kgw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130703181504 dot GA3182 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CABEPuQLW+TQ5VUVSYrCOzQ4Y5fdHNp=ymcb9r+xV7ROyYS=OBA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130703195020 dot GC1705 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51D49188 dot 7000708 at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm> <20130703215716 dot GA1752 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
On 7/3/2013 5:57 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 05:03:04PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
Or is the proposal on the table for the same installation to be usable
in both modes, depending on the nature of the launched application?
That's an interesting idea but I don't think anyone was proposing that.
Is there any reason why we'd need to add a hook to filename parsing?
That would be an alternative to hooking fstab.
Well, MSYS doesn't mind dos-style filenames, so the big-ugly-warn-once
thing shouldn't happen... And if we ever do, really and truly, deprecate
dos-style paths for cygwin /proper/, you'd need to hook the parsing in
order to restore that functionality for cygwin-/msys/.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple