This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: MSYS mode (continue)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 21:50:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: MSYS mode (continue)
- References: <CABEPuQ+jEFJEQt=MGyn5m7Q+Ccs5A-i7vkk0McM=yyoCOw+Kgw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130703181504 dot GA3182 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CABEPuQLW+TQ5VUVSYrCOzQ4Y5fdHNp=ymcb9r+xV7ROyYS=OBA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jul 3 22:24, Alexey Pavlov wrote:
> 2013/7/3 Christopher Faylor:
> > On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 08:03:25PM +0400, Alexey Pavlov wrote:
> >>I want to continue our discussion about integrating MSYS mode into
> >>Cygwin sources.
> >>Right now we need to determine where you can create hooks for msys
> >>plugin I think.
> >>MSYS plugin need to has ability to change next logic:
> >> - generating osname
> >> - reading /etc/fstab
> >> - changing environment variables and filtering them, that passed to
> >>non-cygwin applications
> >> - changing program arguments that passed to non-cygwin applications
> > That all sounds doable but could you refresh my memory on why you need
> > an /etc/fstab hook? Was it to map /cygdrive/c -> /c or something?
> I need it to be able read short mount points from fstab: <win32_path>
> All other options are set by default. With my changes I can have in
> /etc/fstab both types of mount points - cygwin-like and msys-like.
And why is that necessary? There are always default options set anyway,
but a layout change of the fstab file simply makes no sense. There's no
win at all.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple