This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: MSYS mode (continue)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 14:15:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: MSYS mode (continue)
- References: <CABEPuQ+jEFJEQt=MGyn5m7Q+Ccs5A-i7vkk0McM=yyoCOw+Kgw at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 08:03:25PM +0400, Alexey Pavlov wrote:
>I want to continue our discussion about integrating MSYS mode into
>Right now we need to determine where you can create hooks for msys
>plugin I think.
>MSYS plugin need to has ability to change next logic:
> - generating osname
> - reading /etc/fstab
> - changing environment variables and filtering them, that passed to
> - changing program arguments that passed to non-cygwin applications
That all sounds doable but could you refresh my memory on why you need
an /etc/fstab hook? Was it to map /cygdrive/c -> /c or something?
If so, as long as you're going to have an fstab why not just do that
in the fstab itself?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple