This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Home directory issue
- From: "L. V. Lammert" <lvl at omnitec dot net>
- To: Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 18:50:16 -0500 (CDT)
- Subject: Home directory issue
After installing Cygwin on a new system that is in a domain, there is
something that is breaking with user setup.
* The user home directory is not getting created
* /usr/loca/bin & /usr/bin are not prepended to PATH
* The user home directory is /cygdrive/Users/<user>,
instead of /home/<user>
* The path IS correct in /etc/passwd (/home/<user>)
I know the issue has something to do with the domain user, as the home
directory is not created upon installation (had to create it manually)
when logged in as a domain user.
> Is there a way to install properly as a domain user?
> I can create the home directory & copy skel files, but how does one
fix the login issue (the *correct* home directory in /etc/passwd is
/etc/profile appear correct (new install), .. and I copied skel files from
a known working machine.
Any pointers on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple