This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: subversion authentication broken in version 1.8, works with 1.7.10
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 11:01:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: subversion authentication broken in version 1.8, works with 1.7.10
- References: <20130702150143 dot GP14578 at lakka dot kapsi dot fi>
- Reply-to: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> svn co error message is:
> svn: E120191: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'https://repo.invalid/svn/path'
> svn: E120191: Error running context: The requested authentication type(s) are not supported
> As said, downgrading subversion packages to version 1.7.10 fixes the problem.
Do you know what kind of authentication mechanism the repository is
trying to use?
There have been some issues with 1.8 with certain kinds of
authentication (e.g., NTLM) due to the switch to serf as the HTTP library.
I suspect this is an upstream problem and not a Cygwin-specific problem.
Can you try this with a native Windows Subversion installation?
David Rothenberger ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
The life of a repo man is always intense.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple