This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Failure with fork()
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:32:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: Failure with fork()
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1306271112580 dot 27492 at enira dot zlyna dot ubzr> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1306271148230 dot 27492 at enira dot zlyna dot ubzr> <51CC8EE9 dot 1080401 at gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 02 dot 1306271225460 dot 27492 at enira dot zlyna dot ubzr> <51CCA4E8 dot 1040601 at cygwin dot com> <786EBDA1AC46254B813E200779E7AD3602E7C666 at srv1163ex1 dot flightsafety dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 6/27/2013 4:55 PM, Thrall, Bryan wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote on 2013-06-27:
On 6/27/2013 4:33 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
So the question still remains how do I gain access to a version of
setup.exe with the fork fix that will allow me to not only initialize
my Cygwin distribution for Wine without the fork abort, but also
subsequently update it to install all components of Cygwin that I
Since you want to just run 'setup.exe', you need a new cygwin package
(i.e. cygwin-1.7.2*-*) before you'll be able to do what you want
without any extra effort on your part. So unless you're willing to
build your own version of this package and put it in your download
directory in the appropriate spot (after you've downloaded the
packages you want), you want to just wait for the next announcement
for the cygwin package.
Since the fork bug is only affecting the execution of the postinstall
scripts, couldn't the OP install the snapshot in the partially-complete
Cygwin install, then run setup.exe to finish the postinstall scripts?
As Yaakov said, if you time it just right, which may or may not be
tricky. There are other alternatives as well but they all require
some effort to get right.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple