This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: libtool weirdness (was Re: Broken MPIR 2.6.0 on Cygwin64)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:16:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: libtool weirdness (was Re: Broken MPIR 2.6.0 on Cygwin64)
- References: <CAHhGz88vEgzz1i4sUjE0ugNzaf+j++r1_qT=Y6abMaB4_F=PCg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20130621083039 dot GH1620 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <kq1694$ung$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <20130621094344 dot GB25850 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130621113357 dot GF25850 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <kq20jn$t2h$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 21 16:56, Jean-Pierre Flori wrote:
> Hi all,
> Here is my experience with a shared version of the library after taking
> Corinna's message into account, starting from a clean MPIR tarball (except
> for updating the FSF config.sub/guess) without autoreconfing, and using
> the Cygwin shipped yasm rather than the one included in MPIR (in case the
> Cygwin one has patches).
> Le Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:33:57 +0200, Corinna Vinschen a ÃcritÂ:
> > Then I tried to build it. Of course, cygport autoreconfs and our
> > libtool version 2.4.2 is installed. Configure runs fine.
> > When building, first it failed to build in the mpn subdir, because it
> > accidentally calls yasm with the -f elf64 flag. I fixed that locally by
> > tweaking mpn/Makefile by setting OBJECT_FORMAT from -f elf64 to -f
> The -f elf64 did not make the build fail, but as this suggests I changed
> from the memory of all my collegues. it to -f win64...
It made the build fail for me in the link stage, because ld complained
about trying to link ELF with PE/COFF.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple