This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with file permissions during a build
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 10:33:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problems with file permissions during a build
- References: <CAMCbSMpbqrh59KqpB3KKhZqdG45MpBzAOcnDxyoKTVPi8T7sUA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 21 10:05, Arjen Markus wrote:
> I have been experiencing problems with building several unrelated
> projects on Cygwin/Windows 7. One of them is GCC 4.8.1, another is a
> project that uses CMake to create the Makefiles. The problems occur
> either during the configuration
> (the CMake-based project) or during the make itself (GCC).
> What happens is that during the build files are created that have a
> file permission
> of ---------, which makes them unusable by the next step in the build.
> According to the FAQ this could be caused by the translation between
> POSIX permissions and the Windows ACE information.
> To get around that, I tried to turn off ACL for the disk I am working
> on, but that
> failed. Obviously I am doing something wrong. But I can not find the information
> to solve this issue.
> Do you have any suggestions?
A reproducible, minimal testcase extracted from your project might help.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple