This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bug with Cygwin's 'quilt' is actually in 'patch'
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 09:46:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: Bug with Cygwin's 'quilt' is actually in 'patch'
- References: <51BFEB6E dot 2040404 at codespunk dot com> <51BFF1F9 dot 4040205 at codespunk dot com> <51C277A4 dot 20709 at codespunk dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 19 23:31, Matt D. wrote:
> I've been looking further into this and it appears as though the
> problem is in 'patch' not 'quilt'. quilt is actually a collection of
> bash scripts and calls patch to do the actual patching.
> Using the same example I provided earlier in the thread, the same
> error occurs when calling patch directly:
> $ patch Imakefile patches/test.patch
> Running dos2unix on test.patch will allow the patch to apply
> successfully. However, this is WRONG. Imakefile and the initially
> created test.patch both use CRLF line endings. The patch should
> definitely NOT apply by introducing actual disparity.
> To summarize, the patch to Imakefile (CRLF) will apply if it is
> converted to LF line endings. Using the '--binary' switch seems to
> be a workaround for this issue.
I can reproduce this problem on 32 bit Cygwin but not on 64 bit Cygwin.
The 64 bit version has a newer patch version 2.7.1, while I so far
neglected to update the 32 bit version which is still on 2.6.1. I'll
build a new patch 2.7.1 for 32 bit today. I hope that fixes it for
32 bit as well. Stay tuned for the announcement.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple