This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cross-compiling Linux kernel
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 19:05:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: Cross-compiling Linux kernel
- References: <003401ce6b5d$f6ec87b0$e4c59710$%fedin at samsung dot com> <51BF7465 dot 2030104 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <001301ce6bf0$ea4904a0$bedb0de0$%fedin at samsung dot com> <20130618101706 dot GB27405 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130618143308 dot GB5406 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20130618143755 dot GD5406 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51C0A1FC dot 7090008 at computer dot org> <20130618182313 dot GA4693 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 6/18/2013 2:23 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 01:07:56PM -0500, Ren? Berber wrote:
On 6/18/2013 9:37 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
There was a project out there many years ago which did this. You could
run simple linux binaries on Windows. I offered to host the development
on sourceware.org (aka cygwin.com) but, IIRC, the developer never
I don't remember what the name of the project was and I'm sure that it
won't work with more modern versions of Windows but it is a cool idea.
Here's one project: http://lbw.sourceforge.net/ but I don't remember if
this is the one I was thinking about or not.
Here's another: http://atratus.org/
Quoting their page "Atratus is a Windows program that can run unmodified
Linux binaries." ... "Atratus can load ELF format executables created
with gcc under Linux run them on a Windows system without a CPU emulator
or virtual machine".
Haven't used it, but it does sound interesting, and its currently being
developed (version 0.10).
Interesting. That website mentions LINE which, I think is the project I
was struggling to recall.
Yeah, I was just going to mention LINE. I don't know why I can remember
the name of such an obscure (although very interesting!) project and not
the name of people I just met. ;-)
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple