This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Andrew at DeFaria dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 00:01:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0
- References: <kpq1ho$pc7$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 18/06/2013 17:23, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> Lately I noticed the following error when attempting to ssh from my Ubuntu
Not sure if "lately" means you haven't changed anything, but it didn't report
this error before, or you've only recently started paying attention :D
> (13.04) systems to my Cygwin system with X11 Forwarding turned on:
> X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0
> Any idea of how I can fix this?
> Not sure if this is a Cygwin issue (but it does involve ssh) or a Cygwin/X issue.
Possibly you do not have the remote sshd configured to allow X11 forwarding.
See A5 to Q6.1 in the Cygwin/X FAQ . The other answers may also be
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple