This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: What is a good profiling tool ? - problem with gprof
- From: J.B.W.Webber <J dot B dot W dot Webber at kent dot ac dot uk>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:24:57 +0000
- Subject: RE: What is a good profiling tool ? - problem with gprof
- References: <2CF6002E09D8F54E9839DA08786D3200958D7B7A at EX10-LIVE-MBN2 dot ad dot kent dot ac dot uk> <51BF3EC0 dot 4040906 at cygwin dot com> <20130618101107 dot GA27405 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20130618103825 dot GD27405 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <2CF6002E09D8F54E9839DA08786D3200958D9548 at EX10-LIVE-MBN2 dot ad dot kent dot ac dot uk> <CANeJNHrAoy5r_eFZMAX-k0HMmc4r-ik2edu7Y+jqn9AFqzcKnA at mail dot gmail dot com> <2CF6002E09D8F54E9839DA08786D3200958D977F at EX10-LIVE-MBN2 dot ad dot kent dot ac dot uk> <20130618171525 dot GI9092 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Subject: Re: What is a good profiling tool ? - problem with gprof
On Jun 18 16:28, J.B.W.Webber wrote:
> -----Original Message-----
> Subject: Re: What is a good profiling tool ? - problem with gprof
> Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
> > Uhm, may I ask for some pointers to Altera/Stawberry cygwins -- what is it?
> Does it have something to do with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry_Perl ?
> Hi Ariel,
> Altera produce Field Programmable Gate Array chips (FPGAs), and their NIOS II software for programming them is essentially a port of Unix type software to the Windows PC, by including its own Cygwin installation.
> And yes, it is indeed Strawberry_Perl, which is also based on Cygwin.
I don't see any cygwin1.dll in the Strawberry Perl packages.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Ah, I think you are right (it is a recent install, but I have not used it much) :
I searched on libgmon.a
And found :
Which suggests it is mingw32 based - this sounds right.
Searching on cygwin I just find :