This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup.exe won't run from Bash on Windows 8
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 18:16:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: Setup.exe won't run from Bash on Windows 8
- References: <51BF981A dot 1060807 at oliveyou dot net>
On 2013-06-17 18:13, Chloe wrote:
But it will run if I double click it from Explorer. I have execute
permissions. What is wrong?
Due to UAC Installer Detection, setup.exe requires Admin permissions in
order to run, but bash doesn't know that. Use cygstart
/path/to/setup.exe to work around this.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple