This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Feature request] Setup64.exe should respect more recent packages' version
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:01:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Feature request] Setup64.exe should respect more recent packages' version
- References: <CAHYyVz6Euyswoakzc=-1cYN3K7OdbSTdtnUA2N_b0VntVKXk7Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 6/17/2013 2:54 PM, Vasiliy wrote:
Could it be possible for Setup64.exe that it would not offer
downgrading packages by default if their more recent counterparts are
installed? Example of an undesirable behavior: installed is bash 4.2,
but 4.1 version is wrongly suggested, etc.
Setup suggests downgrading only when you've install a test package.
There's nothing distinctive about 'setup.64.exe' vs 'setup.exe' in
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple