This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: git svn fork() problems on cygwin 1.7.20
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <Adam dot Dinwoodie at metaswitch dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:16:23 +0000
- Subject: RE: git svn fork() problems on cygwin 1.7.20
- Deferred-delivery: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:16:00 +0000
- References: <20130617140047 dot GE14578 at lakka dot kapsi dot fi> <20130617144503 dot GF14578 at lakka dot kapsi dot fi>
Mikko Rapeli wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 05:00:47PM +0300, Mikko Rapeli wrote:
>> Has anyone else seen these when using git svn or other perl programs
>> on cygwin 1.7.20?
>> $ git svn rebase
>> 0 [main] perl 4424 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by '_Client.dll' (0x520000) is already occupied
> Hmm. Searching for clues I saw this
> and tried out with minimal PATH:
> $ PATH=/bin:/usr/bin git svn rebase
> Current branch master is up to date.
> Default PATH on the machine includes various tools, compilers, CMake etc.
> Tried to bisect it but it seems that full long PATH has an 80% failure rate
> while mimal PATH=/bin/usr/bin has a 20% failure rate, but I could not identify
> which PATH component could be to blame.
> Somehow PATH is related to this but maybe it's just a side effect.
Two possible guesses: you've multiple cygwin1.dll files in your PATH, or you
just need to rebase (run `rebaseall` from a shell and follow the instructions).
If that doesn't help, follow the problem reporting guidelines:
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Messages posted to this list are made in a personal capacity.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple