This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cross-compiling Linux kernel
- From: Fedin Pavel <p dot fedin at samsung dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 17:24:15 +0400
- Subject: Cross-compiling Linux kernel
In order to cross-compile Linux kernel i have to patch host-side tools a
little bit. Current problems are:
1. Cygwin misses linux/types.h
2. Cygwin defines the following ELF macros according to host machine:
ELF_ST_BIND, ELF_ST_TYPE, ELF_R_SYM, ELF_R_TYPE
What about improving Linux compatibility ? We could have own version of
linux/types.h (for __u8. __u16, etc), and omit ELF definitions. AFAIK they
are not used anywhere, they are just inherited from BSD.
At the other hand, i believe the same problem will happen if i try to
cross-compile Linux kernel under BSD. And Cygwin is BSD-style system...
Just decided to drop this in as one more "what if...".
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple