This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: get_myaddress error with nfsd
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:40:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: get_myaddress error with nfsd
- References: <0A33FCA5B532724BBED077B6A4925E83BC736322 at london dot vormetric dot com> <1371136043301-99555 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com> <20130613170626 dot GB4087 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 13 19:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 13 08:07, Jazz wrote:
> > Yesterday I just did a clean installation of Cygwin 1.7.20-1 and I have
> > experienced exactly the same issue as you - mountd and nfsd don't start
> > (get_myaddress: ioctl: Invalid argument in logs). Portmap starts fine.
> > I tried to downgrade sunrpc, but that didn't help.
> Ouch. This is my fault. When I removed support for OS versions prior
> to Windows XP, I accidentally removed support for applications using
> ioctl on sockets built under Cygwin versions prior to Cygwin 1.7.
> Now, nfs-server has no maintainer and had been built in 2006, so it's
> affected by this.
> I'm reluctant to revert the old functionality since that re-introduces
> code to read network adapter inforation in a way only required up to
> Windows XP pre-SP1.
> I'm going to think a bit about this problem and try to come up with
> another way to support older applications in 1.7.21 again, using only
> the current functionality.
> Stay tuned,
I implemented a solution for this problem which should give sufficent
result to support old applications. I created a new 32 bit developer
snapshot 2013-06-14 on http://cygwin.com/snapshots/, and I uploaded
a new 64 bit test distro Cygwin release 1.7.21-3, both containing
Please give it a try.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple