This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: pty issue causes 'screen' to hang when run from mintty as detached
- From: Greg Turner <gmt at malth dot us>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:34:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: pty issue causes 'screen' to hang when run from mintty as detached
- References: <51B63D88 dot 6000508 at codespunk dot com> <phscr81sr0kr02qenquh1s0na4n062u3so at 4ax dot com> <774dr8ld62oteq1o8ljpplpuptlleritqe at 4ax dot com> <51B8F3E5 dot 8070000 at codespunk dot com>
On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Matt D. <email@example.com> wrote:
> "the Windows console window you get through cygstart is not [a pty]"
Ah, so /that's/ what I recently read uncomprehendingly! Thanks for
tracking down this concise explanation. Assuming that's right, then,
I wonder: what is it?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple