This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: get_myaddress error with nfsd
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 19:06:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: get_myaddress error with nfsd
- References: <0A33FCA5B532724BBED077B6A4925E83BC736322 at london dot vormetric dot com> <1371136043301-99555 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 13 08:07, Jazz wrote:
> Yesterday I just did a clean installation of Cygwin 1.7.20-1 and I have
> experienced exactly the same issue as you - mountd and nfsd don't start
> (get_myaddress: ioctl: Invalid argument in logs). Portmap starts fine.
> I tried to downgrade sunrpc, but that didn't help.
Ouch. This is my fault. When I removed support for OS versions prior
to Windows XP, I accidentally removed support for applications using
ioctl on sockets built under Cygwin versions prior to Cygwin 1.7.
Now, nfs-server has no maintainer and had been built in 2006, so it's
affected by this.
I'm reluctant to revert the old functionality since that re-introduces
code to read network adapter inforation in a way only required up to
Windows XP pre-SP1.
I'm going to think a bit about this problem and try to come up with
another way to support older applications in 1.7.21 again, using only
the current functionality.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple