This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: postgresql: libpq.a not an import library
- From: marco atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:13:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: postgresql: libpq.a not an import library
- References: <51B0E34A dot 5010801 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51B0E93B dot 9030806 at gmail dot com> <51B16F2D dot 7010500 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51B32B26 dot 7050006 at gmail dot com> <51B97E1B dot 3060801 at gmail dot com> <51B98EB9 dot 3020407 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
Il 6/13/2013 11:19 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) ha scritto:
On 2013-06-13 03:08, Danjel McGougan wrote:
It seems the latest libpq5 (9.2.4-2) installs /bin/cygpq-5.dll, but at
least xemacs fails to find this lib (it looks for cygpq.dll) and fails
to load. Downgrading libpq5 to 8.2.11-1 solves the xemacs issue for me.
While I'm glad to finally have properly versioned PostgreSQL DLLs, we do
need to worry about not breaking everything in the distro (and Ports)
which is linked against the old, unversioned cygpq.dll.
I suggest renaming the old libpq5-8.x packages on sourceware to libpq,
and changing all libpq5 deps in the distro to libpq, namely for:
Can you take care of this, or shall I?
Done, please check nothing else is broken.
Before I downgraded I tried to symlink cygpq.dll to cygpq-5.dll, but this
caused xemacs to silently fail to start.
The Windows runtime linker doesn't understand symlinks, so that wouldn't
Copying cygpq-5.dll to cygpq.dll should have worked.
As soon the solution proposed by Yaakov will spread to the mirrors,
setup should pick the right solution.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple