This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Python core dump depending on module import order with latest upgrade
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 23:42:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: Python core dump depending on module import order with latest upgrade
- References: <1370795715 dot 77740 dot YahooMailNeo at web172203 dot mail dot ir2 dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 6/9/2013 12:35 PM, GrahamC wrote:
Since the latest upgrade the following python program causes an "Aborted (core dumped)" error:
a = 1
If the order of imports is reversed (zlib then ctypes) no core dump error occurs.
python2.7.exe.stackdump contains nothing of use:
Frame Function Args
CYGWIN_NT-6.2 1.7.20(0.266/5/3) i686
Python 2.7.3 (default, Dec 18 2012, 13:50:09)
I get the same result with Cygwin 1.7.17 and Python 2.6.8. I'm sure that
this information isn't real insightful but it does suggest that whatever
the problem is, it isn't real new.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple