This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mounting ISOs with Cygwin?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 10:44:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: Mounting ISOs with Cygwin?
- References: <20130603222026 dot GA11213 at ns2 dot sdsitehosting dot net> <51AD1CFA dot 5050908 at cygwin dot com> <CAPF-yOaOFgHrw_1on74E3E0-gcvjtd_ajRnx_S2PuDfH7Ue94g at mail dot gmail dot com> <51AD5105 dot 9010205 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 3 21:29, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2013-06-03 18:03, Dan Kegel wrote:
> >On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> >>Cygwin != Linux
> >/proc/cpuinfo begs to differ :-)
> >For what it's worth, windows 8 now includes a way to mount iso,
> >and it seems to have been backported to older windows as an addon
> >( http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38780 ),
> >so maybe cygwin's mount could use that to trigger a mount, if
> >it's available.
> FWIW, that only works for x86 Windows, not x64.
Sure? Per the above page, the tool supports Windows 2008 R2,
which is x64-only.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple