problems with installing cygwin on windows 7

Could anyone help me with this problem?
I posted this couple of days ago, but so far there is no response.
When installing cygwin using "default" option - everything goes well. On the other hand
when trying to install:  everything ("install" option) or  some parts of the cygwin package
the setup.exe runs for ever and could not complete successfully within 3-5 hours. So I stopped
it manually.
I tried to do that using various download sites and it does not help.
I am trying to install cygwin as a first package on freshly installed windows 7.

Is anyone experiencing similar problems? What the remedy could be?
Thanks in advance

Piotr