This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: /usr vanished
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Septimus Stevens <septimus dot stevens at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:01:21 +0400
- Subject: Re: /usr vanished
- References: <CAKGUG_f+jG=N7goZwUCmD=CaLrUVn9sSfeJdLybetnUNY7Gpwg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKGUG_fvo6MFXTx4guNqOVSE4SyKQnEN=Mk_gsUFJvLJtX8JnQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Septimus Stevens!
> If I can complain a little, I found the download defaults to be
> faulty. Tiny standard packages like 'bc', 'more' and some others
> should be loaded by default.
Cygwin keep a copy of all downloaded packages. I don't see a reason to
redownload everything, if you just recently installed/updated it.
More so, it won't even start to download packages anew, if you choose the same
mirror each time, and use the local copy.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 23.04.2013, <17:59>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple