Re: Pango failure

I've regained my footing on this.  The second or third time I tried launching the shell, all went well.  I boned up on using X11, added a few packages, and now I can run X11 apps just fine, and everything else I need to do seems to be okay.  I still get the pango error every time I add something with setup.exe, but based on Achim's suggestion, I'll just work around that by manually putting that directory in place, and maybe even an empty file, if that's what it takes.

Thanks for all the help, even the touching suggestion about my ability to inspire my students.  I seem to have broken rule number two of public speaking: know your audience.

On Feb 23, 2013, at 1:25 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:

> Greetings, Achim Gratz!
>
>> daryl@daryllee.com writes:
>>> Upon completion of the installation, I got this "Postinstall script error":
>>>  Package libpango1.0_0
>>>      pango1.0.sh exit code 1
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-02/msg00196.html
>
>> That's because /etc/pango/ is missing, you can create an empty one if
>> you like.
>
> Like??? The postinstall script must create it, if it's going to use it. Not
> just explode into the face of a user.
>

> --
> WBR,
> Andrey Repin (anrdaemon@freemail.ru) 24.02.2013, <00:23>
>
> Sorry for my terrible english...
>

> --

Daryl Lee
Any deliberate leap into chaos, small or large, with an intent to make order, matters. -- L. McCarriston