Re: Intermittent failures with ctrl-c

On 01/20/2013 05:08 PM, Tom Honermann wrote:
However, I was still able to reproduce another case.  As before, one of
the processes is being left running when the rest are terminated.  The
"abandoned" process appears to be in a live-lock state with two threads
(threads 1 and 2) running at 100%.  Of particular interest is that each
time I press ctrl-c in the cmd.exe console this process was spawned
from, a new thread appears in the process even though this program is no
longer a foreground process and all other Cygwin processes have
terminated.  The new threads never exit.

I noticed that more changes were checked in that looked like they might address this, so I tested again with the latest snapshot (20130123).

I wasn't able to reproduce any of the symptoms I previously reported. Yay!

However, just as I was about to give up testing, I hit one more new issue. One of the ctrl-c events sent bash into what appeared to be an infinite loop emitting error messages like these:

11408974 [unknown (0x144C)] bash 1752 exception::handle: Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
11411584 [unknown (0x144C)] bash 1752 exception::handle: Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)

While this was going on, hitting ctrl-c had no discernible effect. I resorted to killing the process via task manager.

This only occurred once, I wasn't able to get it to happen again.

Tom.