Re: dd "permission denied"

On 1/17/2013 1:02 PM, Marilo wrote:
Connected an internal drive externally to USB.

Partitioned it formatted it in Windows 7.

tod@comp
$ cygpath -w /dev/sdc1
\\.\G:

$ dd if=/cygdrive/c/img/image13gb.img of=/dev/sdc1 dd: writing to `/dev/sdc1': Permission denied 17+0 records in 16+0 records out 8192 bytes (8.2 kB) copied, 0.0709889 s, 115 kB/s

I've given permissions to all users and administrator, and added "Everyone" and given permission to Everyone, from within windows. Still get the error. I've tried taking ownership such that the owner is "tod" instead of whatever it was "system" or administrator(s). Still same error.

I tried running process explorer, find..find handle, looking for any file being used so locking it, searched for G:\. Nope, nothing.

try to unmount it, probably you have some service like Antivirus or file indexing that is locking the partition

Regards
Marco