Re: How to rsh in windows using cygwin

On 01/16/2013 04:14 AM, Divakar wrote:
We used rsh (from third party tool) in our script. so we are planning to use the
same rsh functionality using cygwin.

it needs lot of work in the machine side as well as in the script site if we
implement something new like ssh.
In my experience, after setting up ssh to work, it's pretty much a drop in replacement for rsh. By that I mean I've found that, again once set up, if I simply change rsh -> ssh everything else works without a change.

And I believe that many more people know and use ssh than rsh meaning you'd probably get more support by using ssh.

Maybe you could describe exactly what you are doing with rsh...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?