'svn export' fails when given UNC path as destination

When attempting an "svn export" specifying a destination UNC path, I'm
seeing the export unexpectedly fail.  The export succeeds if I cd to the
directory in question and export to "." instead.  See the below
transcript for an example:

~~~~
$ mkdir //ad/csd/users/add/tmp

$ ls -ld //ad/csd/users/add/tmp
drwxr-xr-x+ 1 add Domain Users 0 Jan  7 17:33 //ad/csd/users/add/tmp

$ svn export http://enfieldsvn/repos/dcl-svn/trunk/client/doreview.pl //ad/csd/users/add/tmp
svn: E000002: Can't create temporary file from template '/ad/csd/users/add/svn-XXXXXX': No such file or directory

$ svn export http://enfieldsvn/repos/dcl-svn/trunk/client/doreview.pl //ad/csd/users/add/tmp/doreview.pl
svn: E000002: Can't create temporary file from template '/ad/csd/users/add/tmp/svn-XXXXXX': No such file or directory

$ cd //ad/csd/users/add/tmp

$ svn export http://enfieldsvn/repos/dcl-svn/trunk/client/doreview.pl .
A    doreview.pl
Export complete.
~~~~

It appears that Subversion is attempting to parse the destination
argument itself, and failing to correctly parse the // part of the UNC
path.

I see the same behaviour on both Subversion 1.7.8-1 and 1.6.17-1.  I've
not tried different snapshots as I've no idea if it's likely to help, but
I'm willing to do so if it would.

cygcheck output is attached. It warns about having multiple cygwin1.dll
files in the PATH, but the problem is still present when I clear out my
PATH.

--
Adam Dinwoodie

Messages posted to this list are made in a personal capacity.