This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup shows ? instead of size for some packages
- From: Aaron Schneider <notstop at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:35:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: Setup shows ? instead of size for some packages
- References: <501370E3.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 28/07/2012 6:56, L Anderson wrote:
Call me slow to notice but I'm seeing more packages appearing with size
? mark in the "View" window when I run cygwin setup. Also, I notice
that most, if not all the packages, seem to be related to source or
libraries. I've read the setup documentation, googled, and searched the
mail list but can't seem to find as answer as to what's behind it.
Would someone in the know please tell me what causes it, what it means,
and is it a problem?
Some of the entries I see are:
skip Gnome ? atk 1.0: Acc. Toolkit library (sources)
skip Libs ? boost: Boost C++ libraries (source)
Skip X11 ? cairo: Cross-dev. vec. grap. lib.(source)
1.0-2 Keep Misc ? clear
1.2.0-1 Keep Misc ? d
Skip Gnome ? dbus-glib: Freedsktp msg bus sys. (source)
Skip Devel,L.? eventlog: Structured event logging library
Skip X11 ? fltk_gdi: Fst Lgt Toolkit-GDI ver.(sources)
- Installing updates from my own local release mirror updated today.
- Running Win XP Pro
- Running cygwin 1.7.16-1
- Setup.exe version 2.774
- Setup.ini shows setup-timestamp: 1343379014 and setup-version: 2.774.
I think that happens because the packages you downloaded once are not
present in the mirror you are getting the list from. Cygwin gets the
size of a installed package from the present list that you get from the
mirror. Try reinstalling and see what happens.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple