This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Those annoying email@example.com responses to email sent here
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 13:32:54 -0400
- Subject: Those annoying firstname.lastname@example.org responses to email sent here
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
It seems like we're not the only list plagued by the annoying bot
responses to random messages sent to the Cygwin mailing list. Debian is
seeing them too.
I was hoping someone there would have figured out how to stop this
stupidity but much of the thread devolved into even more off-topicness
than the discussion of this problem. There didn't seem to be any solution
that I could see.
So, if you receive a message from email@example.com (email
purposely not obscured) in response to something said here then I am
sorry. I wish I could figure out how to stop it but, so far, I can't.
I asked people to send full headers but they have proved to be
I do see that there seems to be a twitter account for this person
though. Maybe we can ask them to stop there.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple