This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Confusing, but not fatal bug....rmdir removed network dir (rename to .____00000hexnum/)
- From: Aaron Schneider <notstop at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 16:58:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: Confusing, but not fatal bug....rmdir removed network dir (rename to .____00000hexnum/)
- References: <500B961D.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 22/07/2012 16:08, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Linda Walsh!
I sometimes use "rmdir *" to clean up empty dir's.
There's a known issue about difference in Windows and *NIX handling of
directory removal in many cases.
I would say, you drop such practice and be more explicit in your actions.
I don't know what issue is such, but, you can try:
To print or delete empty directories only in present level try:
find ./ -maxdepth 1 -empty -type d -print
find ./ -maxdepth 1 -empty -type d -delete
To search or delete recursively folders only remove the maxdepth
find ./ -empty -type d -print
find ./ -empty -type d -delete
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple