This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Confusing, but not fatal bug....rmdir removed network dir (rename to .____00000hexnum/)
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 18:08:17 +0400
- Subject: Re: Confusing, but not fatal bug....rmdir removed network dir (rename to .____00000hexnum/)
- References: <500B961D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Linda Walsh!
> I sometimes use "rmdir *" to clean up empty dir's.
There's a known issue about difference in Windows and *NIX handling of
directory removal in many cases.
I would say, you drop such practice and be more explicit in your actions.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 22.07.2012, <18:06>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple