Re: TeX now vs. Tex in legacy version

Ken Brown writes:
> There is no latex.exe in the Cygwin distribution.

Sorry if I had been unclear: I had a .exe file where there should have
been a symlink.  I was not trying to imply that Cygwin shipped with it.

> I have no idea why some people are having this problem.  No one
> reporting the problem has sent any information from their setup logs
> that might indicate what went wrong.  They also haven't reported
> whether or not the texlive-collection-* postinstall scripts have run
> successfully.

It's been a while since I had that problem.  As I said, I fixed the
links by hand and then re-created the formats (by looking through the
post-install scripts and then running the appropriate commands).  All
has been well ever since and the update from one TeXlive version to the
next has not been making any problems.

Regards,
Achim.