This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: FAQ and Documentation translation to other languages
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:48:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: FAQ and Documentation translation to other languages
- References: <CACytpF_e4Dyaxg6Rse7Y8nYZsMwjLvFGuQgf4dje54zL-WHehg@mail.gmail.com> <CACytpF_W=rz5dF2PcZPQw-FrchcGo9=DxtCxkObJvV78uSECFw@mail.gmail.com> <CACytpF_KugLW0S3ZRWa=ya=Ls22+yt3JZo-0W-d91-+0m0YSMA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jul 19 22:38, SPC wrote:
> Hello. I'm a Cygwin lists subscriber (with some problems from time to
> time to send mails but this is another story).
> The message about outdated FAQs of yesterday let me think in the
> general lack of translations of Unix-like-items documentation to
> spanish language.
> Exists something traslated under Cygwin to Spanish ? Some kind of team
> doing it ?
> In negative case I could dedicate some time to this project, including
> translations inside source code.
I hope you mean the documentation sources. I'm not fluent in spanish
and converting my english comments in the Cygwin sources to spanish
would left me a bit puzzled :)
The documentation is written by the developers. There's no doc team nor
a translation team, given that we have only a tiny number of contributors
to the Cygwin package codebase. If you're interested in providing a
spanish translation of the docs or the FAQs, we can certainly arrange a
side project for translations in CVS, and the necessary web space to
If you're interested, we could discuss the howto in the cygwin-apps
Btw., the same goes for anybody who would like to provide translations
in any other language, naturally. I would just like to ask that you
make sure you mean that seriously and don't drop off right at the next
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple