Re: best way to re-install and keep cygwin configuration

Greetings, LMH!

> I am getting ready to re-install XP and I would like to avoid having to
> completely redo my cygwin install. Is there a way to export the current
> settings (installed packages, etc) and then re-import it after re-install?

Just pack up the installation directory, and splash it somewhere afterward.
You'll have to regen the /etc/passwd and /etc/group, unless you're running in
domain environment.
On an unrelated note, install Cygwin on a separate partition next time. :)

> I was thinking of just copying my cygwin_install directory that has
> setup.exe and the mirror folders

Totally unnecessary. If you've maintained your installation for quite some
time, updating regularly, then setup cache contains lots of obsolete packages.
Would be much, much faster to just burn it and download new setup.exe when you
need it.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...