This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Differences between C++ 'new' operator and 'malloc()' (NOT a C/C++ question)
- From: "Claude SIMON" <simon dot claude at zeusw dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 17:59:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: Differences between C++ 'new' operator and 'malloc()' (NOT a C/C++ question)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: simon dot claude at zeusw dot org
Ryan Johnson wrote:
> Sorry, I should have actually looked at the repo before assuming the
> test case was a monstrosity. By way of penance, I've now looked,
> downloaded, tweaked, and tested it.
Thanks for testing.
I removed your test results (and the other stuff) from this message, not
because I'm not interested into, but because I have a new problem, which
prevents me to investigate further the original problem in the light of
your test results.
Since my last testings, I updated Cygwin, the JDK and the JRE. So, my
current configuration is now :
Windows Vista 32 bits SP2
When running the test case, I now have :
$ java jcmc
Loading library 'jcmc'...Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: H:\cvs\epeios\bugs\jcmc\jcmc.dll: L'accÞs
Ó cet emplacement de la mÚmoire n'est pas valide
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
There is a French message which roughly means "The access to this memory
location is not valid"
I updated the test case to reflect your changes :
- 'Makefile' now generates the '.h' file,
- 'Makefile' does no more contain the '--stdcall-alias' linker flag,
- the '.cpp' contains now the `extern "C"' directive,
- the '.h' is removed from test case, since it's now generated by the
I have the new error message with this modified test case, but also with
the original one. I suspect that the French error message is issued by
Cygwin or by one of its sub-component, since the JVM never issued a
message which wasn't in English, but Cygwin did.
So, I have to postpone the study of the 'malloc()' related bug until I
manage to resolve this new issue ; I then come back to your test results.
But, meanwhile, if someone has an idea why I have this new error...
Here again the address where the test case can be found :
Claude SIMON (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple