This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: BLODA nominee: Seagate GoFlex Home file server
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, 'Matt Seitz' <mseitz at mhseitz dot onmicrosoft dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 10:22:42 -0400
- Subject: RE: BLODA nominee: Seagate GoFlex Home file server
- References: <1BBEF94B6B46E54980290D150A6F2EDD20C8C03F@SN2PRD0610MB396.namprd06.prod.outlook.com> <1BBEF94B6B46E54980290D150A6F2EDD20C8C089@SN2PRD0610MB396.namprd06.prod.outlook.com>
Matt Seitz wrote on July 04, 2012 3:42 AM
> FYI: The Seagate GoFlex Home file server does not support setting
> FAT file flags (read-only, system, etc.). As a result, Cygwin
> cannot create symbolic links on these servers.
Just a quibble: Those that are more knowledgeable may correct me,
but I'm not sure that not supporting feature that cygwin needs for
something is enough to qualify as a BLODA. I thought that a BLODA
must actively interfere with cygwin.
Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple