This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Alt+numpad keys doesn't work in ssh sessions
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:48:16 -0400
- Subject: Re: Alt+numpad keys doesn't work in ssh sessions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Lars BjÃrndal wrote:
> I use Cygwin from cmd.exe, because I use BRLTTY, and that doesn't work
> in Minty. Inside Cygwin, I can type alt+066, and I get B as expected. If
> I do the same after connecting to another host through ssh, nothing
> happens. Is this a bug? I need the feature to type non native
> characters such as quotation marks.
On the remote host try setting the TERM variable to match what you
have set locally. YMMV but I've seen this clear up some issues.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple