This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Seagate GoFlex Home server causes setup.exe build to fail, "cannot run /bin/sh cfgaux/config.sub"
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 11:25:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: Seagate GoFlex Home server causes setup.exe build to fail, "cannot run /bin/sh cfgaux/config.sub"
- References: <1BBEF94B6B46E54980290D150A6F2EDD20C8BFFE@SN2PRD0610MB396.namprd06.prod.outlook.com> <1BBEF94B6B46E54980290D150A6F2EDD20C8C05E@SN2PRD0610MB396.namprd06.prod.outlook.com> <1BBEF94B6B46E54980290D150A6F2EDD20C8C2F4@SN2PRD0610MB396.namprd06.prod.outlook.com> <20120704090530.GH20942@calimero.vinschen.de> <1BBEF94B6B46E54980290D150A6F2EDD20C8C362@SN2PRD0610MB396.namprd06.prod.outlook.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
[Moving to cygwin ML now]
On Jul 4 09:10, Matt Seitz wrote:
> Officially, I don't think there's a way to modify the file system.
> It's designed to be an appliance. I've contacted Seagate support to
> see what they say.
> That said, I've just found out how to get SSH access into the server
> and am poking around now. I downloaded their GPL source earlier and
> found Samba 3.0.28 included. Running "ps" on the box shows it is
> running smbd. I'm hoping there might be some way to modify their
> smb.conf to turn on FAT file attributes.
Hopefully the underlying fs supports extended attributes and is mounted
with user_xattr. Then you could just add this to smb.conf:
store dos attributes = yes
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple