Re: cygwin 1.7.15-1 - .NET console output locks up mintty

Greetings, Jamie Briggs!

> I have noticed a problem with the â"cygwin: The Unix emulation engine" package,
> version 1.7.15-1.  Output from .NET console does not show up, the console
> (mintty) becomes unresponsive and must be killed.

> Reverting back to 1.7.14-2 fixes the problem.

> The problem can be demonstrated using a HelloWorld.cs containing:

>    using System;

>    public class Program
>    {
>           static void Main(string[] args)
>          {
>                Console.WriteLine("Hello");
>          }
>    }

> compiling with:   csc HelloWorld.cs

> and then running:  ./HelloWorld.exe

> This results in no output and an unresponsive mintty under 1.7.15-1.  If
> "cmd.exe" is ran on top of bash and then HelloWorld is ran there it does the
> same thing.  After reverting to 1.7.14-2 everything is working normally again.

> I am building the executables with VS2010 and running on 64bit Windows7.  I am
> attaching my cygcheck.out file.

"If you can reproduce this behavior in plain C, we will be able to investigate
the cause. Probably" (c) mailing list.
Your issue, from the look of it, has been discussed already, please look in
the list archive.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...