Re: RCS file corruption.

I have experienced this problem several times.? In my case it seemed
to be a problem between 'Unix' and 'DOS' files.? In each case, I have
been able to fix it by editing the RCS file using vim and deleting all
the extraneous carriage returns - :%s/^M$//<enter>  Sometimes I've had
to do it twice.  Once I do that, it seems to work.

The interesting thing is that it doesn't happen every time there is a
Unix/DOS file type change, so I don't know if it will work for you or
not.  While I have not dug into the source code (for this problem,
anyway), the fact that my files tend to truncate at 65536 bytes seems
suggestive of a line-length limitation.

Hope this helps,

Richard.